With over 50,000 respondents since 2005, our extensive, rigorous and robust research program into The Science of Happiness at Work™ continues to grow.
We have developed two unique, meticulously researched HR Analytics tools, used to drive Organizational Effectiveness and as development tools for leaders:
- The iOpener People & Performance Questionnaire (iPPQ): our flagship tool helps organizations, teams and individuals maximize their performance, productivity and potential
- The iOpener 360 (i360): our high-impact leadership development tool reflects an individual’s ability through a double lens; how they behave and how this behavior affects others
So what does our research tell us? Well, compared to the unhappiest employees, the happiest employees:
- Are twice as productive
- Have six times more energy
- Intend to stay in the role twice as long
Here’s the model we use:
Performance and Happiness at Work are evidenced by the 5Cs. They are:
- Contribution: what you do
- Conviction: your short-term motivation
- Culture: your feeling of fit
- Commitment: your long-term engagement
- Confidence: your self-belief
These are all interlocked, working as an ecosystem which means that they have a strong impact on each other.
And three other factors foster the context for the 5Cs. They are:
- Trust in an organization
- Recognition from an organization
- Pride in an organization
To be happy at work, an individual must have a sense of achieving their potential, so it lies at the heart of the model. And all this means we believe that Happiness at Work is a mindset which enables action to maximize performance and achieve potential.
And for a more in-depth read, here’s a case study on putting the Science of Happiness at work into practice.
Interested in becoming a qualified practitioner? Find out how you can get involved.
Existing users and iPPQ respondents, click below: